Monday, May 19, 2008

Details for items refashioned on 5/17/08

1) Jeans from San Francisco thrift store cut off by "Denver Refashionista",top is a knit scarf from yard sale refashioned into tube top with lavender belt from "Aeropostal", Shoes from "Off Broadway Shoes."

2) Beatles T-shirt from yard sale paired with skirt from "Buffalo Exchange", armband is 2004 "New Voter's Project", shoes by "Steve and Barry's", earrings from "Pandora's" and makeup by "Clinique" (not tested on animals).

3) Shoes from "Buffalo Exchange", top is a knit shawl from a yardsale refashioned 5/17/08 by "Denver Refashionista", cutoffs were "Tilt" pants cut off by "Denver Refashionista", necklace and earrings were a gift from "Macy's."

2 comments:

Booster said...

Nice idea. Unclear about the business model (location, inventory, cost control, etc.), unless it is basically a fashionably-aware thrift store.

Another idea just jumped into my brain, what about a book instead? Like a "how to" dress refashionably. In the process of doing research you could also rate all the local thrift stores on their ability to filter fashionable donations, publish the article in Westword and gain some advertising for your book.

Just thinkin' out loud.

Peace and love,
~c

Denver Refashionista said...

Actually, what I hope to do is give the world a makeover one frienda at a time:) Just kidding, I am refashioning recycled items to make them cool and hip. I am hoping that frineds will bring me stuff and then throw me and the environment a few bucks for the effort. I'll get some before and after shots up so you can see what I mean. I do like the book idea too...